Situated in the locale of Ambalappuzha, Alappuzha in the province of Kerala in South India, Ambalapuzha Sree Krishna Temple is a hindu sanctuary devoted to Lord Krishna. Worked in the conventional Kerala style building design, the sanctuary is well known for its delectable rice pudding arranged in sweet drain, prevalently known as Pal Payassam. Additionally called as the 'Dwarka of the South', the sanctuary is accepted to have been worked between fifteenth - seventeenth AD by the nearby lord Chembakkassery Pooradam Thirunal Devanarayanan Thampuran. The fundamental divinity directing the sanctuary called Parthasarathi (another name for Lord Krishna) is cut out of dark rock stone and conveys the hallowed conch (shankh) in the left hand and a whip morally justified.
The superb journey focus is overflowing with lovers and visitors alike, all consistently. The place of worship is one of the most seasoned in the locale and the history is related with the Guruvayur Temple situated in the Thrissur area of Kerala itself. It is trusted that the principle icon was brought here from the Guruvayur sanctuary amid the attacks of Tipu Sultan in 1789 for protection; and it remained here from that point onward. The sanctuary additionally has a lofty accumulation of compositions portraying the ten symbols (Dasavatar) of Lord Vishnu which add to the inside and out rich social mood of the place. A melodic instrument called 'Mizhavu' is shown at the passage of the sanctuary. Moreover, it houses a little lake where you can bolster the fish and spend a couple of minutes respecting the rich legacy of the explorer focus.